Why do people sleep? Why do people need to sleep? We may not fully understand the reasons for this, but most of us still know that sleep will allow our brain and body to rest, and then sustain our lives. In addition Poor sleep can have negative effects on many parts of your body and brain, including learning, memory, mood, emotions
There are few activities that affect the quality of sleep
- Consuming alcohol and caffeine before sleep.
- Having a caffeinated drink late in the day.
- Using digital devices before bedtime
- Exercising late in the day.
If a person not getting enough sleep for long periods, they might facing the following problems :
- get sick more often
- high blood pressure (hypertension)
- heart disease
Most of the people have difficulty in falling asleep nowadays, these are the important tips to let you fall asleep easily at night:
- don’t watch TV, write or think about it for half an hour before going to bed, let your mind calm down.
- don’t drink water after 10 pm and reduce going to the toilet.
- Avoid heavy food during dinner or no late night snack.
- Minimize naps during the day to improve your sleep at night.
- Create a good sleeping environment, such as keeping the sleeping environment clean, quiet, turn off the lights, air circulation, comfortable and clean bedding and listen to soothing music.
Quality sleep is more important than long hours sleep. Good quality sleep means that you typically fall asleep in 30 minutes or less, sleep soundly through the night with no more than one awakening, and drift back to sleep within 20 minutes if you do wake up. We recommend a minimum 7-8 hours sleep per day in order for your body to be fully recharge.